What we’re looking for:We publish most genres of fiction. We are looking for new talented authors who have not previously been published, as well as previously published authors looking for a new way to make their voices heard.
- We don’t accept any pornography, works promoting hatred of any kind, violence or profanity not pertinent to the story line. We’re also not looking for fan fiction or erotica.
- We accept novels of 40,000 words and up.
- You do not need an agent to submit your work to us.
- We do all our business on-line. All communications will be done via email.
- All work submitted must be your original creation! You must own all copyright and publishing rights to your book. You must have permission to use any quotes used in your book.
- If you don’t understand the above information or have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Submissions Guidelines:Please send us the following:
- A short synopsis
- First and last chapters and a random chapter from the middle of your book. And yes, we know that asking a writer to choose what chapter to send can induce an anxiety attack to rival a CAT-4 tornado inside a CAT-5 hurricane during an earthquake and a plaque of locusts. Simple trick: pick a number between 1 and the last page of your book. Give us the chapter that page number falls in.
- A short bio.
- Please make sure your book is finished before sending it to us. Don’t send us your first draft. Please put your manuscript through a thorough editing process.
We promise to read all submissions and will provide feedback on everything we receive, so please be patient with us. We will write to you as soon as we can.
Attach your submission as a Word file: .doc .docx or .rtf. Do not embed it in the email. Email your submission to Submissions
Advice for writers:
- Take a writing course.
- Join a writing group in your area or start your own (we did).
- Join an on-line writing group like Backspace. There are hundreds to choose from in all the different genres.
- Set aside a place and time each day to write.
- Read and research your preferred genre.
- Read the following books:
- Stephen King’s “On Writing.”
- Donald Maass’ “Writing the breakout Novel.”
- Michael Seidman’s “The Complete Guide to Editing Your Fiction.”
- Strunk & White’s “The Elements of Style.”
- Read as much as possible, especially in the genre that you intend to write.
- Don’t compare yourself with other writers.
- Find your own voice and style.
- Send your completed manuscript to as many publishers or agents as possible. You’ll never get published if you don’t put yourself out there. Or you could simply send it to us.
- Don’t get bogged down by perfection. It will never be perfect in your own eyes.
- NEVER give up!
Other helpful websites:Backspace
The Newbie Writers Blog
Preditors and Editors